Converting pdb files to dssp file

vandana Baranwal
Hello
Is is possible to convert a pdb file int dssp file using bioperl. I searched a lot but didn't get a fruitful answer.
I want to convert approximately 1000 pdb files into dssp files.

Any help will be highly appreciated

--
Thanks & Regards
Vandana Kumari

Re: Converting pdb files to dssp file

Brian Osborne-3
Vandana,

Bio::Structure::IO::pdb reads and writes PDB format, but Bio::Structure::SecStr::DSSP::Res only reads *dssp files.

I don’t think this conversion is possible with BioPerl.

Brian O.