Kmer counting

lskatz
Hi, I was wondering if my module Bio::Kmer fits with bioperl. I put it onto cpan and have basic unit tests, but it doesn't inherit anything from bioperl.

Re: Kmer counting

Fields, Christopher J

Hi Lee,

Missed this email, apologies.  This primarily depends on how it would fit within Bioperl; since it’s primarily stand-alone and doesn’t require Bioperl, it probably doesn’t need to be in core.  We can certainly include it in the other Bio* distributions on the github page if needed (and add you to the repo as primary admin).  Is this what you mean?

From: Bioperl-l <bioperl-l-bounces+cjfields=[hidden email]> on behalf of Lee Katz <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 12:17 PM
To: "<[hidden email]>" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Bioperl-l] Kmer counting

From: Bioperl-l <bioperl-l-bounces+cjfields=[hidden email]> on behalf of Lee Katz <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 12:17 PM
To: "<[hidden email]>" <[hidden email]>

--
Lee Katz

Re: Kmer counting

Fields, Christopher J

It’s probably best as a standalone library, particularly if it’s very focused on this specific need.  Saying that, I could see you adding code or a simple example script that would (as an example) read in sequences via Bioperl and perform kmer-based analyses on them.  Not that reading FASTQ via bioperl is very fast…

chris

From: Bioperl-l <bioperl-l-bounces+cjfields=[hidden email]> on behalf of Lee Katz <[hidden email]>
Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 12:17 PM
To: "<[hidden email]>" <[hidden email]>