Problem using get_Seq_by_id

Óscar Torreño Tirado
Good morning,

I am experiencing a problem using the function 'get_Seq_by_id' of the
package Bio::DB::GenBank.

I am trying to retrieve the sequence for 'SMN_HUMAN' and the code
returns as error the content of the file attached (BioperlError.txt). It
is possible to retrieve it with the accesion number ' Q16637' using the
same function.

I have tried also with a clean installation of Bioperl-1.6.923 and the
error persists.

Kind Regards,
Óscar

--
Óscar Torreño
University of Malaga, Spain

mail: [hidden email]

BioperlError.txt (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem using get_Seq_by_id

Brian Osborne-2
Oscar,

SMN_HUMAN is a Swissprot or Uniprot id, not a Genbank id.

Brian O.