Problems installing on Mac OS 10.9.5

Mgavi Brathwaite
Having difficulty installing BioPerl on my MacOS 10.9.5. Any suggestions?

Brath

--
Mgavi Elombe Brathwaite, MSc.
"Felix qui nihil debet"

Re: Problems installing on Mac OS 10.9.5

Fields, Christopher J
Seem you are installing to the system perl (see the ‘Permission denied’ issue).   You can install using ‘sudo’ but I highly suggest not installing this into your system Perl if possible, namely b/c it can cause problems down the road.  You should look into using homebrew to install a localized perl, then use that new version.

Alternatively, you can use perlbrew (which I highky recommend as you can install multiple perl versions locally if needed):

chris

On Apr 13, 2015, at 2:16 PM, Mgavi Brathwaite <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Chris,

I've done the install from CPAN and at the end of the install I'm informed that nothing installed.

Check attachment<Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 3.15.01 PM.png>