abi2xml a new parser for abi trace files

abi2xml a new parser for abi trace files

Erik Sjölund-2
Bioperl contains a module to parse abi trace files, called

Bio::SeqIO::abi

http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-1.4/Bio/SeqIO/abi.html

So you might be interested to know that a new command line utility has
been released

http://abi2xml.sourceforge.net

that converts abi trace files to xml files. This bioinformatics
utility is written in C++ and released under the GPL license. A perl
programmer could first convert the abi files to xml files and then
access the information over a DOM interface  or over XPATH. The
advantage with this over Bio::SeqIO::abi is to get access to more
information of the abi file. Like for instance the time when the
experiment was done. I don't think that is possible with
Bio::SeqIO:abi ( correct me if I'm wrong ).

cheers,
Erik Sjölund