distzilla pluginbundle: bioperl vs BioPerl

distzilla pluginbundle: bioperl vs BioPerl

Carnë Draug-2
Hi

I was searching for the bioperl distzilla plugin bundle when I found
out that there are currently two distributions with the difference
on the capitalization of bioperl:

    https://metacpan.org/pod/Dist::Zilla::PluginBundle::Bioperl
    https://metacpan.org/pod/Dist::Zilla::PluginBundle::BioPerl

The first one (out of date) is the first autocomplete suggestion on
metacpan when searching for bioperl.  I got confused for a while,
assumed that we had regraded to the previous pluginbundle for some
weird reason and went to look into the actual repository.

It should probably be removed.  Is that possible?

Carnë

Re: distzilla pluginbundle: bioperl vs BioPerl

Fields, Christopher J
I believe I have attempted to do this once before .  This would need to performed by Rob Buels preferentially (as the maintainer of the outdated version), or he could simply transfer ownership to CPAN ID BIOPERLML.  However he has been out of contact for a while.

If you want you can certainly follow up with Rob (it might expedite things, I’m currently caught up with $job so it would benefit with someone focused on following it up).  You can cc me and the list so he knows.  Rob’s Github page: https://github.com/rbuels

chris