history/documentation of bioperl split

Carnë Draug-2
There used to be a page on the wiki about the split of bioperl into
multiple perl distributions for ease of management.  It even had some
module dependency graphs.  This seems to be gone from the new website.
Does anyone has that page around?  Is there any details with the story
of this project, discussion that led to it?

I am writing about it so any official references would be welcome.

Thank you

Carnë

Re: history/documentation of bioperl split

Fields, Christopher J
I’ll see if I can dig up the wiki archive (we generated these in case anyone needed to go through the old pages).  We could possibly spelunk through those and generate a quick page for the new site.

chris