perldoc pages

Daniel Lang-3
Hi,

if we already dwelling in bioperl history - where did the classical
perldoc pages for all the modules go? The ones I could find under:
http://doc.bioperl.org/

I preferred them so much over using CPAN to look up my favorite
functions name or its return values...

Thank you all for keeping bioperl alive and kicking!

Best,
Daniel

Re: perldoc pages

Fields, Christopher J
I believe these were autogenerated from the POD, I would have to look at the wayback machine to work out what was used (I think it was pdoc: http://pdoc.sourceforge.net).

My suggestion is to file this as a request on the github page for the website: https://github.com/bioperl/bioperl.github.io.  I would say it’s not a certainty to return; there are easier ways of autogenerating content these days (e.g. Readthedocs), and pdoc doesn’t look like it’s been updated in about 11 yrs.

chris

On 2/20/17, 2:35 AM, "Bioperl-l on behalf of Daniel Lang" <bioperl-l-bounces+cjfields=[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>if we already dwelling in bioperl history - where did the classical
>perldoc pages for all the modules go? The ones I could find under:
>http://doc.bioperl.org/
>
>I preferred them so much over using CPAN to look up my favorite
>functions name or its return values...
>
>Thank you all for keeping bioperl alive and kicking!
>
>Best,
>Daniel

Re: perldoc pages

Daniel Lang-3